Samsung’s S Pen device received thunderous applause soon after it was introduced and is gaining the love of developers and fans more and more with time. The popularity of the functionality has caught the attention to developers to integrate the amazing technology in their apps but only a few of them have accomplished this mission.
To make is difficult task a cake walk for developers, Samsung has released a new version of their S Pen SDK, to help devs cross all the barriers that come their way. The new SDK version 2.0 is bundled with lots of goodies as compared to the previous version -1.5. Let’s discover the surprises it brings.
Goodies of SDK version 2.0
- Addition of SCanvasView Class: Inherited from CanvasView, the SCanvasView will let developers animate their drawings and record/play audio files over it; It adds special effects which include scratch, mosaic, blur, sketch, etc.
- SAMM (Samsung Animated Multimedia Messaging) Library Class has been added: SAMM is the library encoding/decoding of multimedia data supporting drawing, text, stamp, icon, snapshot image, voice and data exchange between apps using the same SDK.
- Improvements in drawings: Undo function is enabled to developers get back the stuff they have cleared; Stroke and segmentation rendering has made improved; Developers can now insert image and text to the CanvasView.
- Addition of Sample source: Sample source is added to bring new features.
- Bugs Fix: Errors that occurred when exporting the package with proguard have been fixed.
Hop on the source link below for full monty.
Source: Samsung Developers
Trackback from your site.