The internet is abuzz with the upcoming version of RedSn0w which will downgrade your A5 device if you have accidentally updated to iOS5.1.1. So the most awaited version of the jailbreak tool is made public now. RedSn0w 0.9.11b1 is a major update to the popular tool and is laden with a truckload of new downgrading feature.
Now here is how you can downgrade your iPhone 4S, iPad 2 or new iPad. But before you start, note that you could lose your unlock. Now
Download RedSn0w 0.9.11b1 on Mac.
Download RedSn0w 0.9.11b1 on Windows
- After downloading the jailbreak tool download iOS 5.1.1 on your Apple device.
- Place your A5 device into DFU mode.
- Run RedSn0w 0.9.11b1, the jailbreak tool should detect your device in DFU mode. Go to Extras > Even more > Restore and click IPSW under the IPSW section. RedSn0w will ask for your iOS 5.0.1 IPSW. Once the iOS 5.0.1 is located, it will ask for iOS 5.1.1.
- Now locate your saved SHSH blobs, you can get the SHSH blobs from Cydia if you have a jailbroken device but if you haven’t jailbroken your device but have saved them with TinyUmbrella, then choose Local and browse your PC for blobs. You should click the Remote option first.
- When yur blobs are verified, execute the jailbreak tool.
- Redsn0w will install a hacked version of iOS 5.1.1, and downgrade your device to iOS 5.0.1.
- You will be notified with a message if you will complete the process successfully. Now head to Settings > General > About on your device and check your firmware, it should be iOS 5.0.1.
Cheers! You have are back to iOS5.0.1, don’t forget to thanks Dev Team.
Source: Dev Team
Trackback from your site.