Phablet space is beefing up as manufacturers are showing keen interest in the arena. But who created the phablet industry from scratch? Even the hardcore Apple fan will agree that it’s the Samsung Galaxy Note. Despite of the immense popularity of the device, the Korea-based manufacturer has not disseminated ICS refresh for the device although we will get to see something special like “Premium Suite” when it arrives. So if you are impatient and can’t wait for the refresh then try out the ICS firmware build ZCLP6 that is reported to run flawlessly on the Galaxy Note (GT-N7000).
The XDA whizz xaoc747 has created a flashable ZIP file for Galaxy Note and has squeezed all the juice you need for Note. The firmware is pre-rooted, so you must have root access even after you flash this ROM.
Before you get more excited, make sure to proceed at your own risk, the firmware is only for the Samsung Galaxy Note, model number GT-N7000, so it’s better not to try it on any other model number. Now create a back up of your important data and charge your Note’s battery, and yes you should have a rooted device running ICS firmware I9220LP1 and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
Now what you have to do is
- Download the ZCLP6 leaked ICS firmware from here , here, or here, and save it to your computer.
- Now use a USB cable and connect your device to your PC.
- Copy the file to the root of your Note’s SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from your computer and switch it off.
- Boot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously.
- Now perform a wipe into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by
- Selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, then select yes on the next screen that follows to confirm factory reset.
- Selecting Wipe Cache then select Yes on the screen that follows to confirm wiping of cache.
Wait for the process to get completed. You have bagged the Ice Cream refresh for your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, Cheers!!
Trackback from your site.