Sony has sprinkled the dust of Ice Cream Sandwich fairy on its Xperia 2011 line up and Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc LT15i is included among them. Where users of the handset are excited to join the elite club of Android they are also annoyed due to difficulty in getting the root access of devices. If you own a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc LT15i handset and are facing troubles after flashing it to OTA ICS firmware (4.1.A.0.562) then just take a deep sigh we are here to pull you out of the murky.
Now you can root your phone through DooMLoRD’s kernel and flashing it via Fastboot, the kernel includes a polished version of ClockworkMod Recovery, so you can avail both the benefits.
Before we reveal the rooting method, just make sure your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc (LT15i) is running ICS firmware 4.1.A.0.562 with locked or unlocked bootloader, enable USB Debugging mode on your phone by going to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging. Enable Unknown Sources on your phone by heading to Settings > Security > Unknown Resources. Also check that you have ADB drivers installed on your PC (Flashtool-drivers.exe, md5sum: 3ceff17ea876b403441bb54092d9d00a).
Are you done with it? Now here is the Fastboot method, follow the instructions below.
- Download Superuser package , ARC-DooMKernel file andFastboot and save them on your PC.
- Using a USB cable, connect your Android phone to PC
- Copy the Superuser to the root of your Arc’s SD card and disconnect your phone from PC.
- Extract Fastboot and place it in the C:\ directory on your PC. This Fastboot folder will contain four files.
- Copy the ARC-DooMKernel and paste it inside the Fastboot folder.
- Now connect your Xperia Arc to your PC in Fastboot mode. To do this first plugging in your USB cable to your PC, hold the Menu key of your Arc and plug in the other end to your phone.
- Launch a command prompt on your PC from Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Now enter the following commands and hit the Enter after each command:
- cd c:\Fastboot
- fastboot boot ARC-DooMKernel-ICS-BETA-v04-lower-boot.img
- Your Arc will reboot itself as the kernel flashes. When you see Sony splash screen and blue LED light, press the Back button of your phone to enter ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card then browse for the downloaded Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip file and select it. Now confirm the installation to take place which will be finished in 2-3 minutes.
- Press Back button on your smartphone to return to the main recovery menu.
- Now reboot your phone by selecting Reboot System Now.
- Complete the rooting process by downloading BusyBox from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the BusyBox Installer app on your phone and select the Allow button to grant the application root access. Select Ok when a pop-up screen shows up. Select the Install button at the bottom to download and install BusyBox on your phone.
The process appears lengthy but it will let you enjoy the administrative access of your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc (LT15i) once again. So try it and let us know your experience.
Trackback from your site.