Everyone loves his smart device so do the HTC Inspire 4G owners, right? Unfortunately the device powered by the 1.0 GHz processor is lagged behind by the glittering plethora of multiple core smartphones. Well if you own one of the HTC Inspire 4G unit and lust after the capabilities brought by the new smartphones, then worry no more, because we have brought a rooting kit for your device, which will open all the possibilities that you have been waiting for.
All this can be done by the Advanced Ace Hack Kit, which will enable the HTC Inspire 4G owners to root their devices, unlock their carriers and let them gain S-OFF on their phone.
Before we tell you the method, ensure to you create backups of your important phone data, don’t run any other program when the Hack is running and don’t attempt this method on other device as it can cause damage. The disadvantage of this method is that it downgrades your phone down to the stock Desire HD ROM.
Also note that you need to have an HTC Inspire 4G running on stock ROM, PC running Windows 7, Vista, XP, or XP. Remove phone’s drivers from computer, Droid Explorer, HTC Sync and tablet management software (if any) on your smartphone.
Now here is what you have to do
- Download the Advanced Ace Hack Kit from here or here and save it to your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file through any ZIP extraction software and place the contents inside a single folder.
- You will get the HTC USB drivers for your phone. Now install the driver by using the installer file inside the “toolswindrivers” subfolder located within the extraction folder. You may need to reboot your computer after installing the drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. You can enable this by going to Settings > Applications > USB Debugging. Make sure that there is a check mark beside that option.
- Adjust the default mode to Charge only, by going to Menu > Settings > Connect to PC.
- In the charge only mode, connect your smartphone to your PC via USB cable. Use the USB port that is directly connected to the motherboard. Do not use the USB port on the front panel; don’t use the USB hub or a USB extension cable.
- Now go to the folder where you have placed your extracted Hack Kit files and open it. Right-click on the script file and run it as Administrator (from the popup menu)according to your Windows version:
- hack-ace.cmd — for Windows 7 or Windows Vista
- hack-ace.cmd — for Windows XP (make sure you’re logged in as Administrator)
- hack-ace-xph.cmd — for Windows XP Home (make sure to use an Administrator user account)
- Copy the needed files
- Root the phone temporarily
- Turn your SD card into a goldcard (required for setting S-OFF)
- Activating S-OFF
- Setting SuperCID
- Unlocking the phone from network/carrier (SIM unlock)
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery
- Root the phone permanently
- Install the Superuser app and binaries
- Now after you have rooted your device plug your phone into the PC via USB cable and open a command prompt on your PC.
- Change directory (using the cd command) to where you extracted the Advanced Ace Hack Kit package files.
- Change directory to the “tools” folder (i.e., cd tools).
- Change directory to the “win” folder (i.e., cd win).
- Enter following command at the prompt and it reboot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- adb reboot recovery
- adb reboot bootloader
After the long process you can now enjoy the rooted HTC Inspire 4G with S-OFF and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Cheers!!
Trackback from your site.