Here is good news for Samsung Galaxy S3 owners. XDA genius Chainfire has developed ClockworkMod Recovery for GS3 owners. The developer has managed to patch the code so you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone via Odin3. It is yet to be known whether Galaxy S3 is haunted by eMMC bug that can brick the device, or not.
But if you are interested to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device, note that we won’t b held liable for any damage occur to your device . So proceed at your own risk. If you want to install the CMW, make sure your model number is GT-I9300, back up your important data, charge your battery, install USB drivers on your PC, enable USB Debugging and disable Samsung KIES and all the antivirus that can disrupt Odin3.
Done? Now follow the steps below.
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery image and Odin Software, save them on your PC. Now extract the files and place them inside a folder.
- You should get the .tar file from ClockworkMod Recovery ZIP file and an .exe file from the Odin3 ZIP file.
- Double click on .exe file to launch Odin3 and switch off your Galaxy S3.
- Now enter Download Mode to boot your phone. You can do this by pressing Volume down, home and power buttons. The screen will turn on now press the Volume up button to enter the download Mode.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable; you should receive a message indicating that your Galaxy S3 has been recognized by Odin3, if no such message appears then reinstall your USB Drivers.
- Select the PDA button in Odin then browse for ClockworkMod Recovery.tar file.
- Now select START button in Odin3 to start flashing ClockworkMod Recovery, the phone will be rebooted as soon as the process is completed.
- Disconnect your phone when you see Samsung logo and a message indicating that you have successfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery.
So Cheers, you have installed ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
Trackback from your site.